Treyarnon Point is marked in the wrong place on Google Maps and our actual postcode PL28 8JJ takes you down the wrong road. So if you are using Sat-Nav or Google Maps it is best to enter PL28 8JR. Then when you reach the entrance to the beach at Treyarnon Bay follow the markers on the map at the bottom of this page to find the house.
1. From London or the North take the M3/A303 or M4/M5 to Exeter.
2. Follow the signs for the A30 towards Okehampton and Launceston (not the A38 towards Plymouth).
3. Stay on the A30 past Launceston and Bodmin until you reach the turning for the A39 at Indian Queens.
4. Follow the A39 (Atlantic Highway) north until you reach Winnards Perch Roundabout.
Note: If you prefer a more scenic route turn off the A30 at Kennards House onto the A395 (signposted North Cornwall) across the moor to join the A39 southbound through Camelford and past Wadebridge to Winnards Perch (click here).
5. At Winnards Perch turn onto the B3274 towards Padstow then turn left towards St.Merryn. After the Atlantic Bays Holiday Park turn left and follow the signs to Treyarnon.
6. When you reach Treyarnon Bay take the road with the no-entry sign to the left of the entrance for the car park, also signposted for the YHA and cafe. Please drive slowly on this road as the cliff is on the left and children often run across the road from the car park. When you reach the Youth Hostel (this is not where marked on Google Maps) and Cafe, bear right then carry on straight ahead, off the tarmac road, left at the end and then the gate is on the right. The markers on the map below show this route.